For those that are new to my blog Hi! And let me take a minute to introduce myself.
I’m Meghan! I live in SoCal and married my best friend, Matt, on Feb 13, 2013! We now have a hilarious and adorable little boy, Cameron who just turned one on October 13! We also have two crazy yet precious little dogters that we adopted 7 and 4 years ago, Pebbles and Brulee! I have a MBA in Marketing from Cal Lutheran and have worked in the banking industry for the last 9 years. For many years I have used social media as a place to track my various journeys I have been on - weight loss, school, pregnancy, etc. By being so transparent it has allowed me to create some amazing new friendships, gain a ton of great advice, get an immense amount of support and motivation and even get to try out some amazing products! My posts tend to consist of all aspects of my life and I try to keep them as real as possible. While I don’t like to focus on the negative, I think it is important to share some of the real struggles I am going through, whether it be the fact that my son hasn't slept for the first 14 months of his life or that I have horrible will power over my chocolate chip cookie cravings, so it can also be looked back on and to see how far I’ve come for myself. I love all things Disney and Pixar! Organization tools and planners make me happy and The Container Store and Staples are probably two of the most dangerous stores to let me wander around in. Lol By the way, this year I am using the awesome Living Well Spending Less Planner by Ruth Soukup and love it! I'll post more on that another blog. I take waayyyy too many photos but I love to scrapbook and be able to look back on some incredible memories!
|My three cuties|
|My little family <3|
I am hoping to get my blog back up and running this year to help me stay accountable on my goals for the year and to help share some of the things that work best for me!
So, what better way to start this revamp than with what my 2018 goals are and what journey I am currently on.
My 2018 Goals by category:
- I want to spend more unplugged, outdoor time with Cam and Matt this year by going on family hikes, attending community events and doing more park trips.
- I want to declutter and simplify our living space and build healthy routines around daily home maintenance such as cleaning the kitchen every night. I am following the steps of Emily Ley’s "A Simplified Life" as my guide.
- I want to budget every month, end 2018 with $30,000 Less in outstanding debt and have $5,000 in our emergency savings (We attended Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University last August and it helped us really get on the same page and start our Debt Free journey. I highly recommend looking into it!)
- I want to get back into healthy living routines by exercising 30 min at least 3x a week
I am currently using Beachbody On Demand as my at home workouts and so far love it (and for those wondering Ashley Smith is my Coach and her posts are incredibly motivating! Check out her instagram!
- I need to/ want to/ and will pass by Series 10 and Series 65 Exams this month and we want to get Matt his contractors license and finally get 1320 Construction up and running by the end of 2018.
- I want to read 12 books this year (through Audible)
Here is what is on my shelf to read:
1) “The Power of Habit Why We Do What We Do” by Charles Duhigg
2) “The 10x Rule” by Grant Cardone
3) “The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People” by Stephen R Covey
4) “The Millionaire Next Door” by William D Danko and Thomas J Stanley
6) "No Drama Discipline" by Daniel Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
7) "The Opposite of Spoiled" by Ron Lieber
8) "Strong Mothers, Strong Sons" by Meg Meeker
9) "The Me, Me, Me Epidemic" by Amy McCready
10) "What a Son Needs from His Mom" by Cheri Fuller
11) "Hello Mornings" by Kat Lee
12) "The Spender's Guide to Debt Free Living" by Anna Newell Jones
So there you have it... I am excited to be sharing my journey through motherhood and family life, financial freedom, corporate working world, small business start up, health and fitness and personal development with you! I appreciate any feedback or comments! And thank you for coming along on this crazy journey with me!